Saturday, December 22, 2012

Steampunk Storm Trooper!

I just had to finish the trio. I tend to be a bit obsessive in terms of realizing something I find inspiring and doing Star Wars inspired helmets in steampunk style has been a total blast. It just needed the storm trooper helmet to finish off the trio.
Oddly, I found this one the most challenging to do. I didn't want to just push parts into one another from a library of pre-existing bits. I wanted it to feel like heavy castings mixed with internal mech that is suggested on the outside. Doing the giant monacle/lens was the idea of Chris, my eldest son. I really liked adding the assymetry. It not only helped to make it unusual but it solidly brought the whole Gestalt into the world of steampunk.
I hope you enjoy. check out The Vader and Boba Fett inspired helmets as well.
Cheers, Kev

Steampunk Stormtrooper

Steampunk Stormtrooper

Steampunk Stormtrooper

Steampunk Stormtrooper

Steampunk Stormtrooper

Steampunk Stormtrooper

Steampunk Stormtrooper

Steampunk Stormtrooper

3 comments:

  1. How do I purchase this? Is it for sale? Ridiculously AMAZING work, one of the coolest pieces I have ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the enthusiasm. Not for sale just yet. If there's enough interest I'll pursue getting these made and offering them for sale.
    Cheers, Kevin

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from other artists and fans.